Annual Enrollment Is Officially Closed
New elections or rates go into effect on Sept. 1, with deductions reflected on your October paycheck. We encourage you to review your October paycheck to confirm your deductions match your annual enrollment elections.
Annual enrollment for 2023-2024 is July 15-31, and we’re here to walk you through your election options. During this time, you may change your group insurance benefit elections and add, update or remove eligible dependents from coverage using the MyUTBenefits website.
Annual Enrollment Timeline
Benefit Changes for 2023-24
UT SELECT Premium Changes
As shared in last year’s updates, an additional increase to UT SELECT premiums was a possibility this year as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic’s ongoing impact on the health care industry.
University leadership worked closely with UT System to advocate for employees and minimize the increase for the 2023-2024 plan year. If you are a full-time benefits-eligible employee who carries employee-only coverage, you will see no increase to your monthly premium thanks to premium sharing from the state and UTSA.
If you are a part-time benefits-eligible employee, or your plan includes coverage for a spouse, children or family members, increases are shown below.
- The maximum contribution for the Healthcare Flexible Spending Account will increase to $3,050.
- Headway Behavioral Health providers added to UT SELECT BCBS of Texas network.
- GLP-1 weight loss medications will no longer be covered under the UT SELECT prescription plan.
- Employee and employer contributions for the Teacher Retirement System (TRS) will both increase to 8.25%.
Additional 2023-2024 Update Information
How Do I Make Changes?
Beginning July 15, log in to My UT Benefits to do the following:
- Make changes to your health or other benefits.
- Enroll in UT FLEX HCRA and/or DCRA.
- Active employees must make FLEX elections every year to continue the benefit plan for the next plan year.
- Make your declaration as a tobacco user or non-tobacco user.
- Request new coverage for eligible dependents.
- Remove ineligible dependents from the program.
- Review and update your beneficiary information online.
Virtual Annual Enrollment Fair
This year's annual enrollment virtual benefits fair took place July 11-13. This annual virtual event helps employees learn about their benefit options, assess their benefits needs and review selections, with presentations from UT System benefit providers and UTSA Wellness.
For those who were unable to attend the virtual fair, session recordings are available below. We will continue to upload recordings in the coming days. If a session recording you are interested in is not yet available, please check back soon!
|A Tax-smart Way to Save for Retirement||Download PDF|