Before You Start
Welcome to the Roadrunner Family!
You are now part of a Tier One, Hispanic Serving Institution with more than 34,000 students and 151,000 alumni throughout the world. With a focus on student success, research, and strategic growth and innovative excellence, UTSA serves as a model for the urban-serving public universities of the future. Through transformational learning experiences, the university creates bold futures for our students, the local community and beyond. Named a Forbes Best-in-State Employer in 2022 and 2023, we are committed to fostering an environment in which our workforce can succeed and thrive.
Before Your First Day
Prior to attending orientation, you must complete the tasks listed below. Please note that all steps are required.
You can also download a quick reference checklist for these tasks:
- New Hire Checklist (Benefits-Eligible Employees)
- New Hire Checklist (Non-Benefits-Eligible Employees)
If you need assistance, please email People Excellence.
Step One: Set Up Duo Two-Factor Authentication
Duo is a mobile app that adds an extra layer of security to help ensure no one else accesses your university accounts.
Step Two: Log In to PeopleSoft
PeopleSoft Employee Self-Service is a university platform used by employees to manage various administrative tasks and personal information, such as addresses, timecards, direct deposit and more.
- Log in to PeopleSoft by visiting my.utsa.edu.
- Under Faculty/Staff Resources, select UTShare/PeopleSoft.
- Select your home institution (The University of Texas at San Antonio), then click Select.
- Enter your UTSA login (UTSA ID and passphrase).
- You will be prompted to authenticate using Duo.
- The Employee Self-Service page of PeopleSoft will open.
- Take a few minutes to review instructions for viewing and updating your information in Employee Self-Service on our website. From here, you will complete the next steps.
Step Three: Complete Your I-9 and Provide Personal Information
Prior to orientation, you must complete your I-9 and enter other important information.
- Log in to PeopleSoft (see instructions in Step Two above).
- To locate the I-9, select the Personal Details tile and click on Form I-9. You must complete this document PRIOR to orientation. Reference the I-9 section on this page for instructions on how to provide your supporting identification documents.
- Also in the Personal Details tile, enter your:
- Mailing address
- Contact details (phone number)
- Ethnic group
- Emergency contacts
While you can also find W-4 and direct deposit forms in PeopleSoft, these forms cannot be completed until after your first day of work.
Step Four: Complete New Employee Acknowledgement Forms
The following forms are directly linked in your new hire welcome email or can be accessed below. You will use DocuSign to complete and sign your forms.
- Benefits Eligible Employee Acknowledgement Form
- Worker’s Compensation Network Acknowledgement Form: English or Spanish
- Prior State Service Questionnaire
- Authorization to Release Student Employment Records
- Selective Service Statement of Registration Status
For future reference, these and other People Excellence documents can be found online.
Step Five: Connect with Your Manager
Reach out to your manager before your first day of work to confirm where you need to report after orientation has concluded. Your manager will also provide information on work equipment, such as a laptop, and provide you with general guidance.
Step Six: Sign Up for Emergency Alert Notification
Log into MyUTSA Account to set up your preferences for receiving university alerts.
Step Eight: Watch for Your Employee Benefits Enrollment Email
Within the first seven days of employment, you will receive an email to enroll in benefits. Please follow the instructions according to the email from Employee Benefits. If after the seventh business day you have not received this email, contact People Excellence.