- Advising Center Home
- Current Students
- Find Your Advisor
- Special Programs
- Future Roadrunner
New Student Orientation Advising Appointments
Welcome to The University of Texas at San Antonio! We are excited you are joining the Roadrunner family and look forward to meeting you!
As part of the new student orientation experience, you will meet with your assigned Academic Advisor who will assist you with any advising questions, registration planning tips, creating a personalized graduation plan, and how to be successful at UTSA.
The below information will help prepare for your appointment. Make sure to check your UTSA-issued @my.utsa.edu e-mail address regularly, as this is how we will contact you about your new student advising appointment.
Scheduling your appointment
- Using our scheduling system (Civitas), the Academic Advising team will send your assigned 1-hour appointment time and Zoom information to your UTSA-issued email within two weeks of completing Online Orientation.
- Orientation advising appointments will be scheduled between 9:00am-4:30pm (CST).
- Appointments must be scheduled, we do not offer walk/drop-in appointments for orientation advising.
- If you do not receive your emailed appointment confirmation within two weeks from when your Orientation hold has been resolved, please e-mail email@example.com.
Before your appointment, we need you to:
- Complete your Academic Advising Preview to prepare for your Academic Advising appointment
- If you are a Freshman OR Freshman Transfer:
- Verify/confirm your personal information on ASAP. For instructions on how to update your information visit One Stop.
- Read the appointment confirmation your Academic Advisor will send after scheduling your appointment. Also, check your email’s junk mail/spam folder.
- Be on time for your appointment.
- Please note you cannot register for classes until all holds impacting your registration have been resolved. We recommend that you take care of your TSI and Meningitis holds before your advising appointment so that you can register for your classes when you meet with your academic advisor.
During your appointment, you and your Academic Advisor will:
- Have the opportunity to discuss a change of major, if needed.
- Discuss course options.
- Begin the class registration process.
After your appointment, you should
- Register for any remaining classes.
- Expect a follow-up e-mail, including a survey, from your Academic Advisor.
- View the “ What’s Next? ” handout for tips and tools for success.