- Advising Center Home
- Current Students
- Find Your Advisor
- Special Programs
- Future Roadrunner
New Student Orientation Advising Appointments
Welcome to The University of Texas at San Antonio! We are excited you are joining the Roadrunner family and look forward to meeting you! Students will be able to sign up for Orientation and a specific Academic Advising appointment date using the online Orientation reservation system.
As part of the new student orientation experience, you will meet with your assigned Academic Advisor who will assist you with any advising questions, registration planning tips, creating a personalized graduation plan, and how to be successful at UTSA.
The below information will help prepare for your appointment. Make sure to check your preferred e-mail regularly, as this is how we will contact you about your new student advising appointment. We highly recommend you use your myUTSA e-mail as your preferred email.
Scheduling your appointment
- Using our scheduling system (Civitas), the Academic Advising team will send you your assigned appointment time via your preferred email to schedule your 1-hour virtual orientation advising appointment.
- Orientation advising appointments will be scheduled between 9:00am-4:30pm (CST) on the date selected during your orientation reservation process.
- Appointments must be scheduled, we do not offer walk/drop-in appointments for orientation advising.
- If you do not receive your emailed appointment confirmation by the Friday BEFORE your appointment at 5:00pm (CST), please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before your appointment, we need you to:
- Complete your Academic Advising Preview to prepare for your Academic Advising appointment
- If you are a Freshman OR Freshman Transfer:
- Verify/confirm your preferred phone number and email information on ASAP. For instructions on how to update your information visit One Stop.
- Read the appointment confirmation your Academic Advisor will send after scheduling your appointment. Also, check your email’s junk mail/spam folder.
- Be on time for your appointment.
During your appointment, you and your Academic Advisor will:
- Have the opportunity to discuss a change of major, if needed.
- Discuss course options.
- Begin the class registration process.
After your appointment, you should
- Register for any remaining classes.
- Expect a follow-up e-mail from your Academic Advisor.
- View the “What’s Next?” handout for tips and tools for success.