Manage Your Card
Get Your UTSACard
UTSACards are provided to students during orientation and to employees during Day O.N.E. training, or may be requested online. Current students, faculty and staff receive their initial UTSACard at no cost. Replacement cards include a $10 fee.
Current UTSA students, staff and faculty members can now get their UTSACard online. Once your request and UTSACard photo are approved, allow 5-7 business days for your card to be processed and mailed by Campus Services. You will receive notification once approved.
- Visit https://myutsacard.utsa.edu.
- Sign in with your myUTSA ID and your passphrase.
- Click on Submit ID Photo, and follow the onscreen instructions. Your photo must meet the UTSACard photo requirements below.
- After submitting your request, you will receive a follow-up email with instructions.
In order for your card to be processed and mailed, you must respond to the email received in step four of the instructions. Failure to respond may delay receipt of your card.
By submitting this request, you certify that the information provided is correct and that it accurately represents you. Campus Services retains the right to request additional information to verify identity, if needed. Review the UTSACard policy agreement.
Your UTSACard photo is an official ID photograph. In order for your photo to be approved, it must meet the following requirements. Photos that do not meet the requirements will not be accepted.
- Photo must be in color, recent (no older than six months), and show your head and shoulders.
- Photo must be square, no more than 20MB, and saved as a .jpg file.
- You must be facing forward. No side shots or profiles.
- You must be in front of a plain white background. Borders, filters, or busy backgrounds are not accepted.
- Sunglasses, hats, funny faces, etc. are not accepted. Headpieces are acceptable only if worn for religious purposes.
An example of a correct UTSACard photo is below.
Campus Services prints your legal first and last name on your UTSACard unless you have a preferred first name registered with UTSA. Learn more about the university’s preferred name policy, then register your preferred name through ASAP.
Once your request is approved by the university, you may visit Campus Services to obtain your UTSACard with your preferred name. If the card is a replacement, standard replacement charges apply.