- About Financial Affairs
- Accounting Services
- Budget and Financial Planning
- Credit Card Administration
- Distribution Services
- Disbursements & Travel Services
- Financial Services
- Fiscal Services
- Grants & Contracts Financial Services
- Payroll Management Services
1098-T Form Delivery
How Do I Get My 1098-T Form?
If eligible, you will receive a 1098-T form in the mail the last week in January. Verify your address on MyUTSA Account to make sure the form will be delivered to the correct address.
You can opt-in for electronic delivery by Jan. 15. To opt-in for an electronic 1098-T form, visit the Heartland/ECSI website:
- Type in “San Antonio” and click on “The University of Texas at San Antonio,” then click on Submit
- Enter: First name, last name, social security number, banner ID (@0xxxxxxx) and primary email address
- Check “I’m not a Robot”
- Click on the box next to the statement “By clicking submit, I agree to receive my 1098-T statement electronically and understand that I will not have a paper statement mailed to me”
I Didn’t Get My 1098-T
If you did not receive your 1098-T form in the mail, visit the Heartland website to download a copy.
- Type in “San Antonio” and click on “The University of Texas-San Antonio,” then click on “Submit”
- Enter your first name, last name, social security number and zip code (Note: It is important to use the zip code on file)
- Check “I’m not a Robot” and click on “Continue”
I Can’t Find My 1098-T
If your form is not on the Heartland website, you may have not received one. Contact Financial Services to find out why you didn’t receive a 1098-T. Forms will not be issued under the following circumstances:
- Grants, scholarships, and/or third-party sponsorships totaled more than your qualified tuition and fees
- Do not have a valid SSN/TIN number on file
- International students (unless requested with SSN and/or TIN on file)
- Enrolled in non-degree programs
- No qualified tuition and fees were charged during the calendar year
International Student Request
International students can request a 1098-T if the SSN/TIN number is missing or invalid and are otherwise eligible. You will need to submit the IRS Form W-9s to Financial Services and University Bursar’s office by Document Uploader, mail or in person. Important note: IRS form W-9s must include student’s ID number for proper application and should not be sent by email.