- About Financial Affairs
- Accounting Services
- Budget and Financial Planning
- Credit Card Administration
- Distribution Services
- Disbursements & Travel Services
- Financial Services
- Fiscal Services
- Grants & Contracts Financial Services
- Payroll Management Services
Property Transfer (External)
What Is an External Transfer?
External transfers occur when property is received from or delivered to an entity outside UTSA. There are two types of external transfers:
- Incoming Transfer: where ownership and accountability of a property is transferred from another entity to UTSA.
- Outgoing Transfer: where ownership and accountability of a property is transferred from UTSA to another entity. Use the State Property Transfer Request form to process a transfer.
The UTSA property manager must accept the incoming transfer and approve the outgoing transfer.
Types of Incoming and Outgoing Transfers
- State Transfer: Transfer within the State of Texas.
- Purchase Order: Purchase the property from another entity.
- Gift: Receive as a gift
- Active Grant: Transfer of property purchased from grant funds moving with a faculty member. The Research Finance and Operation Department and review award terms and conditions for any restrictions or approval requirements.
Once an external transfer is approved by the UTSA property manager, contact Inventory to tag property acquired through incoming transfers or Surplus Property to ship property to receiving entity for external transfers.