- About Financial Affairs
- Accounting Services
- Budget and Financial Planning
- Credit Card Administration
- Distribution Services
- Disbursements & Travel Services
- Financial Services
- Fiscal Services
- Grants & Contracts Financial Services
- Payroll Management Services
Complete Your Timesheet
How to Complete Your Timesheet
The Texas Government Code Chapter 661, the UTSA Handbook of Operating Procedures (HOP) 4.29 and the Timekeeping Financial Guideline require non-faculty employees to record and report hours worked in a timely and accurate manner. Timesheet deadlines vary by employee classification. You can find your employee classification type in PeopleSoft on the upper right side of the timesheet screen.
Employee Classification Types
Administrative & Professional (A&P) employees submit monthly timesheets. For example, the time worked for August 1–31 will be submitted in September after the calendar period ends. If the first calendar day of the month falls on a day other than Monday, A&P timesheets revert to weekly reporting. You must select calendar view by selecting the 1st; otherwise, your timesheet will show up on the missing timesheet report.
Classified employees submit weekly timesheets and include
- Classified Salaried Exempt and Non-Exempt: view timesheet deadlines
- Classified Hourly, Student Hourly (includes Work Study): view timesheet deadlines
Employees submit timesheets directly into PeopleSoft Time and Attendance. Submitted timesheets route to your supervisor for review and approval in PeopleSoft.
Timekeepers continue to enter sick absences for faculty in PeopleSoft.
A monthly automated report identifies employees who have missing timesheets. The report is sent to the respective Business Service Centers on the 10th of each month. The report only includes data through midnight on the 9th of each month. Timesheets submitted after the 9th are not reflected on the report.
The missing timesheet report cannot distinguish between non-standard or assigned work schedules. As a result, employees with non-standard work schedules may appear on this report even if timesheets were submitted. If that is the case, these can be disregarded.
Employee Instructions for Submitting Past-Due Timesheets
How do I submit past-due timesheets?
- Timesheets up to 90 days past due: Log in to PeopleSoft Time and Attendance to submit missing timesheets.
- Timesheets more than 90 days past due: Must complete a manual timesheet.
Supervisor Instructions for Reviewing and Approving Past-Due Timesheets
How do I approve past-due timesheets?
- Timesheets up to 90 days past due: Log in to PeopleSoft Time and Attendance to review and approve.
- Timesheets more than 90 days past due: Must be reviewed and approved manually.
Job Aids Are Available for Employees and Supervisors
Visit the Payroll Training page to download the job aids and view video tutorials.
For specific PeopleSoft questions email UTS Tech Cafe or call ext. 5555